Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2/9/10 response

In today's class I got to see nine interesting covers for sketchbook, it was cool to see all of the different ways people conveyed the ideas of covering a book. The most interesting cover was Meghan's purse sketchbook. It was different from anyone else's in class and she used materials and techniques that no one else did so it was really interesting to see such a different approach to the assignment. I also like Cristi's idea of using a shoe to show a cover becuase of the many ways shoes cover, feet, ground, and time. Her idea of covering was my favorite.
Today I learned more about using photoshop. I have used it before but I do not know much at all about it, so it was great to learn how to use it to make a amalgamations. I also learned how to use pixolou to find more pictures for the amalgamation project, when I ran out of images on google. I think pixolou will come in handy often when google, and flicker do not have many.
The surface pattern Cristi used for the inside of her book and on the outside of her cover beneath the shoe gave me the idea that I would like to try to design something like that or uses some cool pattern in a future project. Using flicker was also helpful for giving me ideas for pictures and concepts to use in my amalgamation, its a great place to search for pictures and develop ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment