Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/16/10 Response

Interesting:
When looking at the mural examples during class, one that really stuck out to me was the mural with the spilt can of paint that seeps out to cover the parking lot and some of the cars. I really liked this because it looked so realistic. When I picture murals in my head I never think of a mural where the things in it look photorealistic. It seems like many things are generalized or done with a look that is more like animation. I also like how he took the mural past the wall and incorporated not just the parking lot below but the cars in it.

Learned:
Something I think will be extremely helpful in my future that we learned about this week was how to document out work. I’m not great with photography so the demo using the light was really informative to me.

Ideas:
Learning more about Photoshop in last class and with the Amalgamation project made me want to work more with Photoshop. I know there is still a lot I need to learn about Photoshop but the practice has help, and I intend to practice more because as I learn more about Photoshop I enjoy using it more. My new Photoshop knowledge has given me ideas on how to incorporate it into other projects or to use it in times where I might have resorted to other methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment